I may find out I'm actually pretty healthy other than the stomach problems, chronic back pain and the PTSD stuff, LOL My counselor thinks I'm ready to get back on the list for the intense PTSD therapy and my med levels are okay right now. The meditation and stretching is helping and, as long as a major crisis doesn't hit (like the car breaking down), I think I can start to climb out of the darkness we've been in. Go figure, I'm learning meditation and stretching through a program at the VA and I've started guitar lessons through Courserera, that program where I took the Fantasy and Sci-Fi literature course. So, I dragged out my acoustic and electric and I'm going to give it a good try. My heart checks out okay, my colon is good, my depression might be improving and my skin check came up with two spots that were freeze-dried off (a good check up at this point). Now to get the stomach under control and my nutrition under control and that'll help....
We think we figured it out. Mom did think she had a little more time. The doctor said she had probably a month, maybe two if she didn't have the chemo. We don't believe she knew she had days. The speed surprised all of us, including her. We had a good visit with Chris but also a little difficult. There isn't a whole lot to do in our town in the winter after the holiday season. We went to Stone Mountain yesterday and that was okay. Some of the things we wanted to see were closed. We're not sure when we'll see Chris again and we are extremely grateful he came up. He graduates from IT school in the Navy tomorrow and we're beyond proud of him.
Comments
Post a Comment